Tips to Understanding Casinos and Their GamesVisiting a land based casino can be loads of fun, but if you are new to casinos or don’t visit regularly you might need some tips to make your visit memorable and profitable.
The Players Club is your first stepBefore you start playing at any of the games, get yourself registered at the Players Club, once you have joined, the casino can track your play and you will be able to earn the special comps. You will need some form of ID to register; your driver’s license is acceptable. Once registered ask what special promotions there are. Use your card each time you play on the machines, or hand the card to the pit boss when playing table games so you can be rated.
Keep control of your bankrollThis is important whether you regularly visit casinos or are just on vacation for a while. You don’t want to use your bankroll in one sitting then for the rest of your vacation you have no money to play.
- Decide how much money you wish to spend at the casino for your vacation and then separate this from your other money.
- Depending on the number of days of your vacation divide the bankroll you have decided on by the number of days and place each days play money into separate envelopes. Date each envelope and if you use up one day don’t dip into the next day’s play money.
- If you like to spread the money over the day then do a further division of the money into different sessions, for instance you wish to play Craps then take a division of the money for that when that is completed don’t dip into the next sessions money. Take only one bankroll session money to a table when you lose that take a break.
- At the end of the day see what you have left including winnings and put that money back into the envelops and seal it to take home at the end of your visit. Sensible control of your money is the winner’s way.
Get to know the table limitsOnce you choose a table to play at look for the plastic placard this will give you the table limits. The placards are color coded to the coin denominations so it’s easy to read the table limits. If you can’t find the placard ask the dealer for the table limits. Play sensible; don’t play at a table that the limits are above your budget.
BlackjackBlackjack is a popular game and you should read the rules of game play before playing, you need to understand the difference between a hard hand, a soft hand and a paired hand. A good strategy is to play for free at first to understand the game better before wagering your money.
- Blackjack - European
- Blackjack - Perfect Pairs
- Caribbean Draw Poker
- US Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Blackjack